High School Youth Ministry
The mission of the Corpus Christi High School Youth Ministry is to enable our high school aged parishioners to cultivate a relationship with Jesus Christ, their loving Lord, and His Church. By offering Confirmation preparation classes, weekly Youth Nights, service opportunities, social events, retreats and conferences, the Youth Ministry seeks to provide a variety of avenues through which teens can personally encounter Jesus and grow in fellowship with one another.
The Youth Ministry relies on the talents and generosity of parishioners who feel called to walk with our youth on their journey of faith. Through this team effort, and in great respect for and cooperation with the parents of our youth, the Corpus Christi High School Youth Ministry seeks to provide our youth with age-specific faith-building opportunities that meet the unique developmental needs of teenagers, while, at the same time incorporating them as active and equal members of the entire Body of Christ—a body which spans the generations.
- Students must be in 9th, 10 or 11th at the start of his or her two year program.
- Students must be at least 15 years of age upon completion of his or her two year program and actual reception of the Sacrament of Confession.
Youth Nights are every Wednesday from 7-8:30 in the Youth Room (aka O’Grady’s Place) (Far Right hand Side of the Parish Hall)
Youth Nights are open to all high school students—come and bring a friend! (you do not need to be in the Confirmation program to attend)
What will you find at a youth night?
A time to relax in the middle of the week, to hang out with great people and a GREAT GOD! Games, Music, Food, Prayer, Discussion, Fun!
A Typical Youth Night might look something like this:
7:00 Open with prayer and announcements
7:05 Game time—time to have fun, get to know each other, laugh and hang out together
7:40 Praise and Worship—some nights our praise band will lead us in a few songs
7:50 God-Time…perhaps one of the following activities:
- A sharing from someone (maybe even you, if you are interested) about what God has done in his or her life followed by discussion in small groups
- Watch and discuss a scene from a movie or a short Youtube video that relates to our lives and our relationship with God.
- Small group Bible studies—read a Scripture passage together and share what God is speaking to us
- A presentation on a topic of interest (Pro-Life Night and other social justice issues)
- Other activities you would like to see, topics you would like covered that you email to suggest!
8:20 End with prayer in the church