Prospective Students / Parents
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is two years. Students will receive this final Sacrament of Initiation upon successful completion of the two year program and the student’s personal request to be Confirmed in the Catholic Church.
Confirmation Classes take place from the end of August through May on Sunday nights from 6PM-8PM. Class is approximately twice a month (you will receive a calendar at the orientation meeting with all class dates--typically class is every other Sunday, but some months are atypical). In addition to class attendance, students must also attend two youth nights per semester (youth nights are every Wed 7-8:30PM), one outside event (list will be available at orientation meeting—includes lock-in mini retreats on church grounds, diocesan youth rallies, other retreats and events), day-long retreat for Confirmation 1 and weekend retreat for Confirmation 2, 20 service hours per year, other written assignments and final exit interview and petition letter.
Frequently Asked Questions about Confirmation
Who is eligible to enter the Confirmation Program?
- Student must be in 9th, 10th or 11th grade at the start of their two year program. *12th graders who have not yet completed year one of prep for Confirmation, call Peggy for details.
- Student must be at least 15 years of age upon completion of the two year program and reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
How much does it cost?
- $130 for the first child
- $90 for additional children
*Please make checks payable to “Corpus Christi Church” and bring with you to the orientation meeting along with all paperwork or pay online through the Corpus Christi Online Giving website: https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/500 (please copy and paste website into your browser) If you pay online please print a copy of the receipt and bring with you to the orientation meeting in lieu of a check.
Do I have to re-register for 2nd year if I just completed 1styear?
Yes, 2nd year students must register online AND parents must attend a mandatory orientation meeting. However, they do not need to bring copies of their Baptismal and Communion Certificates. ***You are currently in the Confirmation 1 Registration, please go back to the Corpus Christi page and click the Confirmation 2 registration page for returning students if registering for 2nd year.
If I attend a Catholic School do I have to complete the full two year program?
- Catholic school students may opt to attend the second year of Confirmation preparation only—you will be asked to indicate this on the online registration form
- Must be able to validate current enrollment at local Catholic school.
- Students must meet above requirement of being 15 years old upon reception of the Sacrament.
- Student must bring copy of Baptismal and Communion Certificate to the orientation meeting
- ***You are currently in the First Year Conf registratin page--if you are a Catholic school student, opting to attend only 2nd year, then please return to the main page and choose 2nd Year Registration for Catholic School and Tranfser students.
If I am in Catholic School and would like to attend the full 2 year program am I able to do so?
Yes, you are welcome to attend the full program. However, once you have chosen to start with first year, you must complete both years in order to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. If you choose this option, then please do use this registration page (Confirmation 1).
What if my child has not yet received First Holy Communion but is in high school and would like to be Confirmed?
Please indicate this on the online registration form and your child will be placed in a program to receive additional instruction and preparation for First Holy Communion and First Reconciliation (Confession) --four 2 and a half hour classes on Sunday afternoons throughout the year--dates TBD, and 2 Adoration Youth Nights).Thank you for your interest in the Confirmation Program. Please feel free to email Jeny Aquino at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-482-3954 ext. 113 with any additional questions you may have.